Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday

“Na-el-la”  Noodles?  “Na El-la”  What?  “Na…El-lla-o” Ah… “No Yellow.”  Wubbzy wants eggs for breakfast and even before I can get the pan hot he is informing me that he doesn’t want any yellow…aka yolks.  He tells me this about 10 more times before I get them on the plate.  I heat up some left over French toast to go with his fried eggs.  I sit up to the counter with him and help him eat.  As I cut a piece of French toast to put with each bite of egg, he reminds me each time, no yellow.  He even goes as far as to inspect each bite and even to turn the fork around to make sure there is no yellow on the back side or sides of the bite I’m feeding him.  I’ve come up with inventive ways to sneak a little yolk in now and again.  Sometimes he catches me and sometimes he doesn’t.  I’ve learned to rotate the fork in the opposite direction as he inspects so he doesn’t see the yellow on the backside.  I’ve learned to cook the eggs so that most of the yellow hides inside the white, but it gets tricky when you cut it.  Ridiculous I know, but when you have a kid whose well being depends on eating every one to two hours, you do what you have to do.  Especially in the mornings.  If Wubbzy doesn’t eat first thing in the morning, he starts to lose his balance and fall a lot.  He also starts to have seizures.  So you can guess what a good portion of my day entails….feeding Wubbzy.  Drinks are a whole other issue….I’ll save that for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment